by Navy Yard
July 8, 2019
On May 31, we teamed up with RevZilla to celebrate our Philadelphia Public School partnerships with F. Amedee Bregy Elementary School and John H. Taggart Elementary School, respectively. Together, with the help of Community Partners and volunteers, the Navy Yard Field Day gave students from both schools a spectacular, fun-filled day, outside while offering Navy Yard employees a chance to get involved and stay close to the office.
The first ever Navy Yard Field Day was an end-of-year celebration for the 4th and 5th graders from both Bregy & Taggart schools. After breaking up into small groups, students took part in 8 station-based activities that included relay games, tug o’ war, STEM activities, and of course an inflatable obstacle course!
Navy Yard volunteers and Community Partners from around Philadelphia lead the stations giving teachers accompanying the students time for a stress-relieving break at the Teacher Lounge. The lounge was stocked with coffee and snacks, an adorable therapy dog, and yoga instructors from Nava Yoga Center that offered mindfulness tips and tricks to combat stress!
Thank you to our Community Partners and employee volunteers that staffed the activities:
- Tug o’ War (3rd District Police Officers)
- Kinetic Sand Making (JEVS Americorps TechServ Scholars)
- Healthy Snack Making (Eat Right Philly)
- Public Park Stewardship (Trust for Public Land)
- Water Carry (Navy Yard volunteers – PIDC)
- Egg & Spoon Relay Race (Navy Yard volunteers – RevZilla)
- Inflatable Obstacle Course (Navy Yard volunteers – Life Cycle Engineering)
- Stress-Relieving Therapy Dog (New Leash On Life-USA)
- Mindfulness Yoga (Nava Yoga)
Below check out our media hits from the event: