Navy Yard Transit Schedule
The Navy Yard offers two free bus routes that allow employees and visitors easy access to the Navy Yard from Center City and from NRG Station on the Broad Street Subway Line.
This service only operates Monday-Friday.
COMING FEB. 27: NAVY YARD AUTONOMOUS SHUTTLE
The region’s first autonomous vehicle (AV) shuttle has officially arrived at the Philadelphia Navy Yard and is ready to begin operations starting Tuesday, February 27, 2024. The arrival of the electric, zero-emissions shuttle comes after much planning, testing, and coordination between public and private organizations. The AV shuttle is another example of the Navy Yard’s commitment to long-term sustainability and resiliency by helping reduce the use of single-occupancy vehicles, lessen congestion, and decrease carbon emissions on a campus home to 150 businesses and 15,000 employees.Learn More About the AV Shuttle
NAVY YARD-NRG STATION LOOP SHUTTLE
The Navy Yard Loop bus runs between NRG Station (Broad St & Pattison Ave) and points throughout the Navy Yard.
Current Schedule: approximately every 15 minutes (This service only operates Monday-Friday)
- Early bird departures from NRG Station at 5:38 a.m., 6:10 a.m., and 6:36 a.m.
- All day service from 7 a.m. to 7:20 p.m. with shuttles arriving approximately every 15 minutes.
- The last pick up at Broad Street & Crescent Dr at approximately 7:20 p.m.
NAVY YARD-CENTER CITY EXPRESS
SERVICE ALERT! Beginning Monday, February 19, the southbound Market St ramp to I-95 will be closed due to construction causing likely delays to the Center City Express route. The closure is expected to last through mid-March. If you use the Center City Express to access the Navy Yard, we suggest allowing for more time in your commute or alternatively using SEPTA’s Broad Street Line to NRG Station and then using the NRG Loop route.
The Center City Express bus runs between Center City (10th & Market and 4th & Market) and points throughout the Navy Yard. Riders, please board the Center City Express Shuttle on the southwest corner of 10th & Market Streets (southside of Market St between 10th St and 11th St near the bus shelter and street cutout closest to 10th St.).
Current Schedule: This service only operates Monday-Friday
- Mondays: Shuttles will run every 30 minutes from 6-10 a.m. and afternoons from 2:40-7 p.m.
- Tuesdays – Thursdays: Shuttles will continue to run every 10-20 minutes from 6:10-10 a.m. and afternoons from 2:40-7:15 p.m.
- Fridays: Shuttles will run every 30 minutes from 6-10 a.m. and afternoons from 2:40-7 p.m.
- Morning service shuttles depart from Jefferson Station (10th & Market and 4th & Market) to the Navy Yard beginning:
- Mondays & Fridays at 6 a.m.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays at 6:10 a.m.
- Evening service shuttles last departure from the Navy Yard to Center City:
- Mondays & Friday at 7 p.m.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays at 7:15 p.m.
WINTER 2023-2024 WEATHER EMERGENCY & HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
During the winter months, there is a high risk of major delays in service due to slow/stopped traffic on Route I-95 and in Center City. As implemented in the past, this “Winter Weather Emergency” shuttle plan will apply:
If we declare a “Winter Weather Emergency,” we will state the timeframe via email, social media, and the Navy Yard Transit App. We will give as much advance notice as possible, but it may be implemented and effective immediately, depending on the timing of a snow/ice event.
- NAVY YARD-NRG STATION LOOPS MORNING: The first run will depart from NRG Station at 6:10 am (no 5:38 am shuttle).
- NAVY YARD-NRG STATION LOOPS AFTERNOON: We do not anticipate any deviation from our schedule unless the storm is so severe as to force us to end service early. If we must end service early, we will notify tenants via email and social media.
- CENTER CITY EXPRESS: NO SERVICE.