by Navy Yard
September 13, 2022
University City District’s West Philadelphia Skills Initiative (WPSI) and PIDC’s Navy Yard Skills Initiative (NYSI) are recruiting across Philadelphia for training and job opportunities as a Patient Registrar at Jefferson Health. Full-time positions begin at $15.15/hr.
Register online for a virtual info session to learn more about the program:
Who should apply?
We are looking for customer service professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires frequent computer use. Commitment to the full training schedule (below) is required:
- Facilitated group conversations, Mon – Fri, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., October 17 – November 4, 2022
- Additional one-on-one and small group virtual meetings several times a week between 1-3 p.m.
- Approximately 2 hours of daily reading and reflection exercises
What is the Patient Registrar Program?
This program is offered by the West Philadelphia Skills Initiative (WPSI) and Navy Yard Skills Initiative (NYSI) to connect participants to the tools and support needed to build a meaningful career at Jefferson Health. Participants must attend in-person sessions at the Navy Yard every weekday between October 17 and November 4 in addition to virtual group meetings and other daily assignments. Graduates will have the opportunity to interview for full-time Patient Registrar positions at Jefferson Health.
In this program, we offer:
- Cutting-edge job connection strategies resulting in 91% of WPSI graduates finding employment
- A $150 weekly stipend while in the Patient Registrar Program
- The opportunity to interview for open, full-time Patient Registrar positions at Jefferson Health starting at $15.15/hr
Are you eligible?
All applicants must be a resident of Philadelphia; commit to the full training schedule; possess a high school diploma or GED; be unemployed; be tobacco-free; Candidates for the Patient Registrar Program must provide proof of having received the COVID-19 vaccine by October 6, 2022 to be considered.
APPLY HERE! DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, September 30, 2022 at 5 p.m.